Say what you will about fictional television, but House of Cards might be a chief reason why were stuck with Donald Trump.
1. Raymond Tusk, a billionaire was tapped by President Walker to be his Vice Preisdent. Donald Trump is a billionaire who actually succeeded in becoming President of the United States.
2. Frank Underwood facilitated President Walker’s impeachment. I theorize Mike Pence might do the same.
3. Underwood’s chief of staff strong armed the FBI into framing journalist, Lucas Goodwin for his investigation into Frank Underwood’s time in the senate. Donald Trump has been accused commanding the FBI to cease their invesrigation into his ties to Russia and the case of Mike Flynn, this is also the reason the president fired FBI director Comey.
4. Again Underwood’s chief of staff threatened a subordinate to the president. The attorney general was forced to throw Underwood’s rival Heather Dunbar under the bus for communicating with known felons while campaigning for president. Donald Trump fired real-life acting AG Sally Yates for several reasons, but there was nothing linking her to associating with felons.
5. Frank Underwood chose his own wife as his running mate in the 2016 Presidential election. Donald Trump has in all but name placed his daughter, Ivanka as second-in-command.